With your donations we will better serve our mission of providing a beautiful and functional facility for the practice of Zazen, for our community of practicing Zen students, the local community as a whole, and for the benefit of all sentient beings.
A mail-in cash general donation may be sent to:
Hokoji Taos, PO Box 245, Arroyo Seco, NM 87514-0245.
Or you may donate on-line through the PayPal Donate button above.
Hokoji is a 501(c) not-for-profit organization. Your cash donations to us are tax deductible.
Donations for Sesshin
You may also donate any amount you are able for attending Sesshin via the PayPal button above.
Payment is not required to attend Sesshin.
We suggest a $40 per day gift for those eating and staying overnight at the Community House during retreats, but attending Sesshin is not contingent on giving money. You are welcome at Hokoji regardless of your ability to offer cash.
People giving their time, their warmth, their muscle power and their know-how are what keep Hokoji operating as a community. We welcome newcomers, out-of-town visitors, and the Zen-curious to come and lend a hand on one of house and yard clean-up days. Come pick up a rake, push a wheelbarrow, pull weeds, or team up with a Hokoji member for spring house cleaning. We look forward to sharing Hokoji with you.
We also appreciate monetary and material donations as they relate to planned Hokoji projects. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Bathroom Restoration Fundraising Success Our Capital Campaign is complete. Read more.
• Hokoji housed more than 40 sesshin attendees
• Ian Hakuryu Forsberg performed 3 precept ceremonies, ordained 1 priest, officiated 2 weddings, gave 80 dharma talks
• We held 49 Thursday evening meditations and 6 Sunday half-day meditations
• Approximately 25 people spent overnights stays at Hokohi on personal retreats in the Community House and yurt
• We average 8 overnight guests per sesshin
• The zendo is open every day